We are now accepting submissions for our 11th Annual Best of the Northwest! After hosting the competition for 10 years, we thought it time to do a deep dive into the competition process and give it a refresh based on learned experiences and feedback from producers and judges. So NEW this year:
- A Best of the Northwest digital issue will be created for each specific beverage category and released within 30 days of the competition to our 40,000 followers and opt-in subscribers.. So …. No more waiting months to find out the results. Additionally, the quicker turn should allow for product inventory to be more readily available for Sip Magazine readers to try.
- Tasting Notes will be provided for each product submitted; this will give you feedback from the judging team that blindly tasted your product.
As in year’s past, all submissions will be tasted blind, by a panel of the Northwest’s top palates made up of mixologists, beverage buyers, spirit writers, distributors and distillers. The top four from each category will be awarded Platinum, Double Gold, Gold or Silver. The larger categories will have Judges’ Picks which are the next highest-ranking beverages after the four medalists (platinum, double gold, gold and silver). At the end of the competition readers will gain further insight to the Pacific Northwest craft beverage scene and an expertly curated shopping list of what to drink for the next year.
To submit spirits to the 2022 Best of the NW, please follow the rules below:
1. Cost of entry is $70 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted via credit card by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*), as well as by check via mail to 1335 N. Northlake Way, Suite 101, Seattle, WA 98103. All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Friday, October 7th to be entered in the judging.
2. Please submit your beer by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser**). The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
3. Send one (1) sample of each submission for 750ml, two (2) samples for 500ml or less or 4 samples of Ready to Drink (single serve) or (1) 750ml.
4. List the price of the product based on suggested retail price for the full unit, before taxes.
5. All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
6. Submission & product delivery deadline is Friday, October 7, 2022.
*** JUDGING will take place at the end of October
*Credit card payment link: https://sipmagazine.com/product/2022-spirit-submission/
**Submission form link: https://forms.gle/rKo24XZitutSA4Zw6
THE 2022 CATEGORIES* ARE:
Amaro / bitter digestif
Brandy/eau de vie/grappa
Dessert liqueur (chocolate, coffee, nut, etc.)
Non-fruit liqueurs (herbal, spice, floral, etc.)
Ready to Drink: Cocktail
Ready to Drink: High Ball (alcoholic base spirit and a larger proportion of a non-alcoholic mixer)
Single malt whiskey
Specialty spirits (aquavit, absinthe, agave-based, catchall for spirits, etc.)
Whiskey (wheat or blended)