We are now accepting submissions for our tenth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in November, this annual print collector’s issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits, cider and seltzer the region has to offer. The top four winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals. The issue will also cover industry leaders, trends and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit beers to the 2021 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
1. Cost of entry is $45 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted via credit card by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*), as well as by check via mail to 1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E, Seattle, WA 98103. All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Wednesday, August 4th to be entered in the judging.
2. Please submit your beer by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser**). The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
3. Send four (4) samples of each submission for 500ml or less, two (2) samples for 22oz or 750ml bottles or one (1) 64 oz growler.
4. List the price of the product based on suggested retail price for the full unit, before taxes. As in, if this beer only comes in 6-packs or draft, please provide that price.
5. All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
6. Submission & product delivery deadline is Wednesday, August 4th 2021.
*** JUDGING will take place on August 24th & 25th
Note: if you do not currently package your product and will be sending a growler, please email Melissa Miller at email@example.com to coordinate.
*Credit card payment link: https://sipmagazine.com/product/2021-beer-submission/
**Submission form link: https://forms.gle/J5xjF28YxnXPaSiU6
In following the definitions by the Brewers Association, THE CATEGORIES* ARE:
Fruited sour ale
Golden/Blonde/Other light ales
Imperial/Double India pale ale – American-style
Imperial/Double India pale ale – Hazy/Juicy
India pale ale – American-style (Mainstays/Year-round offerings) — NEW CATEGORY
India pale ale – American-style (One-offs) — NEW CATEGORY
India pale ale – Juicy/Hazy (Mainstays/Year-round offerings) — NEW CATEGORY
India pale ale -Juicy/Hazy (One-offs) — NEW CATEGORY
Lager – Dark
Pale ale – American-style
Pale ale – Juicy/Hazy
Pastry or Dessert beer — NEW CATEGORY
Wild ale (mixed fermentation, Brett, etc.)
Wood & Barrel-Aged Beer
Wood & Barrel-Aged Sour Beer — NEW CATEGORY
*Though unlikely for most, all categories are subject to change if submissions are too low or too high. In the case of lower submissions, beer would be merged into an appropriately fitting category; for higher submissions, a category of its own would be created.
1) Carefully package all glass-format beers, especially growlers, as shipping companies are not always gentle.
2) Please do not use packing peanuts or popcorn.
3) Ship all entries to the following address:
Sip Magazine c/o Seattle Wine Storage
ATTN: Best of Beer
9401 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please email Melissa Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sip Magazine is an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest and beyond at SipMagazine.com. Please join us in finding the best of the year to highlight and showcase in this issue. Thank you!