We are now accepting submissions for our tenth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in November, this annual print collector’s issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits, cider and seltzer the region has to offer. The top four winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit spirits to the 2021 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
1) Cost of entry is $60 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted via credit card by clicking HERE (or copy the link below into your browser*), as well as by check via mail to 1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E, Seattle, WA 98103. All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Thursday, August 6th to be entered in the judging.
2) Please fill out the linked submission form, click HERE (or copy the link below into your browser**) to go to the form. Each form provides for up to five (5) submissions. If you are submitting more than five (5) products, submit one form and start a second (or third) until you are finished. The submission will not be entered in the judging if the form is not included.
3) Please send the following product:
one (1) sample of each 750ml submission
two (2) samples for 500 ml or less
four (4) samples of RTD cocktails (single serve) or one (1) 750ml
4) For pricing, please list the suggested retail price (MSRP) of the product.
5) All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
6) Submission receiving deadline is Friday, August 6, 2021.
*Credit card payment link: https://sipmagazine.com/product/2021-spirits-submission//
**Submission form link: https://forms.gle/uypdf7xJxBvooeEH9
THE CATEGORIES* ARE:
Brandy/eau de vie/grappa
Dessert liqueur (chocolate, coffee, nut, etc.)
Non-fruit liqueurs (herbal, spice, floral, etc.)
Ready to Drink cocktail (canned or bottled): Light Spirit-Based
Ready to Drink cocktail (canned or bottled): Dark Spirit-Based
Single malt whiskey
Specialty spirits (aquavit, absinthe, agave-based, catchall for spirits, etc.)
Whiskey (wheat or blended)
*Though unlikely for most, all categories are subject to change if submissions are too low or too high. In the case of lower submissions, spirits would be merged into an appropriately fitting category; for higher submissions, a category of its own would be created.
1) Carefully package all glass-format products, as shipping companies are not always gentle.
2) Please do not use packing peanuts or popcorn.
3) Ship all entries to the following address:
Attn: BEST OF SPIRITS
1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E
Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please email Melissa Miller at email@example.com.
Sip Magazine is an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest and beyond at SipMagazine.com. Please join us in finding the best of the year to highlight and showcase in this issue. Thank you!