THINK YOUR HOMEMADE BURGER RECIPE IS THE BEST?
Tell us about it and your recipe could be featured in the spring issue of Sip Northwest! Our judges are looking for culinary creations that are that are packed with flavor, representing the chef or area of the Northwest it came from and, most importantly, are beer-friendly. Ideal recipes are not overly expensive or complicated to make. Our beer experts will be pairing the winning recipes with Northwest beers for the ultimate local burger and brew experience to be on the pages of the magazine!
1) The contest is open to all Northwest residents, which is exclusive to Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia, Montana and Alaska.
2) You must be aged twenty-one (21) years or older to enter the contest.
3) You are not a professional chef, currently employed by a restaurant or self-employed.
1) Each submitted recipe must include the name of the recipe, all ingredients (available in most well-stocked grocery stores), standard U.S. measurements (cups, tablespoons, teaspoons, ounces or pounds; do not abbreviate) and specific amounts for each ingredient (number of lettuce leaves or cup measurement of other greens and herbs, or teaspoons of salt and pepper).
2) Each recipe must be written to make at least four (4) regular-sized burger or eight (8) sliders or small burgers. Each ingredient must be listed, in order of use, followed by complete, step-by-step cooking instructions, including timing and temperature for any cooked components. Here is an example of how to organize your recipe.
3) The recipe must be original and not knowingly been previously published or have won another award. The right to submit the recipe to the contest must not be restricted in any way. Submission of a recipe is a warranty by the contestant that the contestant owns all copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the recipe and constitutes an assignment of these rights to Sip Northwest.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1) Recipes must be submitted via email between December 17, 2015 and January 15, 2016.
2) Submit your recipe in a Word or text document or in the body of the email, complete with ingredients and directions to email@example.com.
3) Include a photo of your finished burger. (professional photography not necessary, a nice little cell phone picture will do.)
4) Include your name and hometown.
SELECTION & JUDGING OF RECIPES
The following guidelines will be used to select and judge recipes:
*Taste (including flavor and balance)
*Ease of preparation
Recipes will be reviewed by Sip Northwest‘s editorial and culinary team and will select the top 10 recipes to move into the semi-finals. The culinary team will prepare the top 10 recipes for presentation to a panel of food and beer experts to taste the burgers to determine the top 5 recipes to be featured in the magazine.
Best of luck, we look forward to seeing your entries!