We are now accepting submissions for our ninth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in November, this issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits, cider and seltzer the region has to offer and will announce the winners in print to more than 120,000 readers. The top four winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends, travel and products.
New this year to the tenured competition, we have introduced a general seltzer category to spotlight the growing beverage.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit seltzers to the 2020 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
1. Cost of entry is $45 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted via credit card by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*), as well as by check via mail to 1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E, Seattle, WA 98103. All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Thursday, August 20 to be entered in the judging.
2. Please submit your seltzer by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser**). The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
3. Send four (4) samples of each submission of 12oz or one (1) growler if a draft item.
4. List the price of the product based on suggested retail price for the full unit, before taxes. As in, if this seltzer only comes in 6-packs or draft, please provide that price.
5. All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
6. Submission receiving deadline is Thursday, August 20.
Note: if you do not currently bottle and will be sending a growler, please email Melissa Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
*Credit card payment link: https://sipmagazine.com/product/seltzer-submission/
**Submission form link: https://forms.gle/kbEwLScdKV5HHKi5A
1) Carefully package all glass-format products, especially growlers, as shipping companies are not always gentle.
2) Please do not use packing peanuts or popcorn.
3) Ship all entries to the following address:
Sip Magazine c/o Seattle Wine Storage
ATTN: Best of Seltzer
9401 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please email Melissa Miller at email@example.com.
Sip Magazine is an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest and now all over the globe at SipMagazine.com. Please join us in finding the best of the year to highlight and showcase in this issue. Thank you!