We are now accepting submissions for our 12th Annual Best of the Northwest Spirits Competition!
All submissions are tasted blind, by a panel of the Northwest’s top palates made up of mixologists, beverage buyers, spirit writers, distributors and distillers. The top four from each category will be awarded – Platinum, Double Gold, Gold or Silver. The larger categories will have Judges’ Picks which are the next highest-ranking beverages after the four medalists (Platinum, Double Gold, Gold and Silver). At the end of the competition readers will gain further insight into the ever-evolving Northwest spirits scene and have an expertly curated shopping list of what to drink for the next year.
TO SUBMIT SPIRITS TO THE 12TH ANNUAL BEST OF THE NW, PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES BELOW:
1. Cost of entry is $70 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted via credit card by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*), as well as by check via mail to 1335 N. Northlake Way, Suite 101, Seattle, WA 98103. All applicable submission fees must be paid in full by Friday, November 3, 2023 to be entered in the judging.
2. Please submit your spirits by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser**). The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
3. Send one (1) sample of each submission for 750ml, two (2) samples for 500ml or less or 4 samples of Ready to Drink (single serve) or (1) 750ml.
4. List the price of the product based on suggested retail price for the full unit, before taxes.
5. All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
6. Submission & product delivery deadline is Friday, November 3, 2023.
*** JUDGING will take place the first week of November
*Credit card payment link: https://shop.sippublishing.com/products/12th-annual-spirit-submission
**Submission form link: https://forms.gle/Y5iPsC26wUqqEpuz8
Aperitif / Digestif
Brandy/eau de vie/grappa
Liqueur: Dessert (chocolate, coffee, nut, etc.)
Liqueur: Non-fruit liqueurs (herbal, spice, floral, etc.)
Ready to Drink Spritz-Style (Carbonated, wine or vermouth base)
Ready to Drink: Highball (Carbonated, with a spirit base)
Ready to Drink: Up (Un-carbonated, spirit base)
Single malt whiskey
Specialty spirits (absinthe, agave-based,, catchall for spirits, etc.)
Whiskey (wheat or blended)
1) Carefully package all glass-format products, as shipping companies are not always gentle.
2) Please do not use packing peanuts or popcorn.
3) Ship all entries to the following address:
SIP MAGAZINE C/O SEATTLE WINE STORAGE
ATTN: BEST OF SPIRITS
9401 AURORA AVE N, SEATTLE, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please email Melissa Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sip Magazine is an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
To view the list of winners from the 11th Annual Best of the Northwest Spirits click here.